Monthly Bulletin / Circular JUNE, 2021 /023Dominic
TO ALL PRIESTS AND RELIGIOUS WORKING IN THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF IJEBU-ODE, AND THE LAY FAITHFUL
Dear Brothers and Sisters in the Lord:
- The Month of June: Welcome to the 6th month of the year. In this month, we launch ourselves fully into the Ordinary time of the year in the Liturgical Calendar of the Church. This season of the Church takes us through the life of Christ. This is the time of conversion, a time to live the life of Christ. Ordinary Time is a time for growth and maturation, a time in which the mystery of Christ is called to penetrate ever more deeply into history until all things are finally united in Christ.
During this month, we shall be celebrating the following Solemnities: Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ (June 6); Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus (June 11); Solemnity of the Nativity of John the Baptist (June 24) and the Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul (June 29). May our faith be strengthened and nourished through these celebrations. Amen.
- Pope’s Intention for the month of June 2021: The beauty of Marriage: Let us pray for young people who are preparing for marriage with the support of a Christian community: may they grow in love, with generosity, faithfulness and patience.
- Bishop’s Intention for the month of June 2021:For the poor, the sick and oppressed: That the poor, sick, aged, oppressed and those who have no one may find opportunities for encounter and solidarity.
- Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus:In continuation of the call for monthly Novena for the intentions of our Diocese, healing of our world from Covid-19 pandemic and in preparation for the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, kindly endeavor to take part in the Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus which will start on Wednesday 2nd – Thursday 10th June, 2021. May I enjoin all Parish Priests, Superiors and Chaplains to kindly ensure that this novena is carried out in all Parishes, schools, convents and formation houses across the Diocese.
- Ave Maria Pilgrimage Center, Iwopin: We appreciate all those who have contributed to the renovation of the Marian Pilgrimage Center with their kind donations. This is an important spiritual patrimony in our Diocese, we therefore appeal to individuals, families, societies, parishes and stations to support this course of rebuilding Ave Maria Pilgrimage center with your kind donations. Remember, God loves a cheerful giver (2 Cor. 9:7). The account details is as follows:
Account Name: Ave Maria Pilgrimage Center, Catholic Diocese of Ijebu-Ode
Account Number: 1022812598
Bank: United Bank for Africa (UBA)
- Construction of a Diocesan Chancery Building:The building of our Diocesan Chancery is ongoing. We call on all Parishes, Institutions, families and benefactors both within and outside the Diocese to financially support this project. To support this project of constructing a befitting Chancery for the Catholic Diocese of Ijebu-Ode, kindly make your donation to the following Bank Account:
Account Name: Catholic Diocese of Ijebu-Ode
Account Number: 0131027016
- Special Collections: Let us remember to collect these special collections for the month of May:
- Peter’s Pence (June 27): This collection represents an offering that has great meaning. Its value is not only practical but symbolic. It represents a sign of communion with the Pope. This collection is aimed at supporting the Universal Mission of the Successor of Saint Peter and to support the charitable works of the Pope on behalf of those most in need. Let us endeavor to donate generously.
Priests should kindly ensure that this collection is well publicized, collected and remitted to the Chancery for proper collation.
- Priests Monthly Recollection: The Priests’ monthly recollection for the month of June will take place on Tuesday June 8, 2021 at St. Mary Catholic Church, Ogbere, starting at exactly 10:00am. This month we shall be having a discussion on the document released by the Congregation for the Clergy on 29th June, 2020 titled: “The Pastoral Conversion of the Parish Community in the Service of the Evangelising Mission of the Church.” All Priests are expected to come with a copy of this document when coming for this month’s recollection.
- Year of Saint Joseph: As part of the events marked out to celebrate the year of St. Joseph in our Diocese, there shall be a one-day symposium on life and lessons of St. Joseph for CMO, CWO and CYON in conjunction with Marriage and Family life department. This symposium will take place on July 10, 2021 at St. Sebastian Catholic Cathedral. All involved should start preparing for this symposium.
- Father’s Day Celebration: The 2021 Father’s day celebration will hold across the Diocese on June 20, 2021 in all Parishes. I enjoin all CMON members in all our parishes across the Diocese to plan adequately with their Parish Priests for this celebration. The place and importance of Saint Joseph as a father should be an important theme for discussion during the Mass.
- NCDPA Meeting: The members of the Nigerian Conference of Diocesan Priests Association, Ijebu-Ode Diocese will be having their meeting this month on Tuesday June 15, 2021 at Saint Anthony Catholic Church, Aiyegbami, Sagamu, starting at exactly 10am. All concerned should take note of this important meeting.
- 52nd Diocesan Thanksgiving: Sincere and profound appreciation to all Priests, Religious and Laity for making this year’s Diocesan thanksgiving a success. May God reward your generosity and kindness. Amen.
- Submission of 2021 Report: This is to inform all Heads of Department, Institutions and Presidents of various Organizations like CMO, CWO, CYON and HCA that there will be need to submit a comprehensive report of activities done in the first half of the year 2021 (January – June 2021). This report is expected to be detailed containing the summary of what was done and pictures to back it up. It will be submitted both in printed copies and soft copies to the office of the Bishop through his Secretary on or before July 10, 2021. This is obligatory and all those concerned should take note.
- Sacrament of Confirmation: The Bishop will continue the administration of the Sacrament of Confirmation on deserving and prepared candidates in the month of June as follows:
June 6, 2021: Ijebu-Igbo Deanery
June 13, 2021: Esure Deanery
June 20, 2021: Ogbere Deanery
June 27, 2021: Iperu Deanery
- Liturgical Commission: The following activities will take place this month. Those involved should take note.
- June 12: Deanery executive meetings of Mass Servers at Deanery centers by 10am.
- June 15: General meeting of Diocesan Liturgical Commission members at St. Timothy Catholic Church, Degun by 10am.
- Holy Childhood Association: There shall be HCA Animation visit to the following Parishes in the month of June. They are: Our Lady of Assumption, Ilado (June 19) and St. Francis, Ibefun (June 20).
Also, there shall be a Diocesan workshop for Animators on June 5, 2021. This shall be coordinated by the P.M.S. Director, Rev. Fr. John Aruleba.
- Block Rosary Crusade: The Diocesan Marian night of the Block Rosary Crusade will hold from June 4-5, 2021 at St. Peter Catholic Parish, Ijebu-Igbo. All members should take note and be present.
- Association of Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Heart of Mary: The Diocesan day celebration of the feast day of the Sacred Heart and Immaculate Heart of Mary will come up on Saturday June 12, 2021 at Sacred Heart Catholic Parish, Kajola by 9am. All members of the Association should be in attendance.
- Apostleship of Prayer: The members of the Apostleship of Prayer, league of Sacred Heart of Jesus, will be having their Diocesan day feast celebration on Saturday June 5, 2021 at St. Thomas Catholic Church, Agbure by 10am. All members are to be in attendance.
- CYON: The members of the Catholic Youth Organization of Nigeria, Ijebu-Ode Diocese shall be having a Diocesan talent exhibition on June 19, 2021 at Most Pure Heart of Mary Catholic Parish, Esure. Youths are expected to come around to showcase their talents.
- Family and Human Life Apostolate: There shall be the commissioning and certification of Level one Marriage Counsellors on Sunday June 20, 2021 at St. Sebastian Catholic Cathedral.
- Appointments: The following places have been raised to the full stature of Chaplaincies with Chaplains appointed. They are:
- St. Paul Chaplaincy, Missionary Society of St. Paul Formation House, Iperu-Remo – Rev. Fr. Eusebius Obasi, MSP
- Federal Government Girls College Chaplaincy, Sagamu – Rev. Fr. Isaac Shemang, MSP
- Federal Government College Chaplaincy, Odogbolu – Very Rev. Fr. James Yakubu, MSP
- National Youth Service Camp, Ikenne – Rev. Fr. Justin Amaechi, MSP
- Priestly Ordination Anniversary: We congratulate, rejoice and request your prayers for Rev. Frs. Peter Ireorji, MSP (June 21); Patrick Nnamani, MSP (June 21); Isaac Shemomo, MSP (June 21); Michael Eninlejie, MSP (June 22); Emmanuel Braimoh, MSP (June 23); Francis Raji, MSP (June 24); John Okwui Anih, MSP (June 24); Eusebius Obasi, MSP (June 25); James Yakubu, MSP (June 26); Leo Awojinrin (June 26); Michael Ogunyinka (June 26); Victor Adigboluja (June 26) and Jude Okafor (June 26) whose Priestly Ordination Anniversaries occur this month. May God grant them fulfillment and grace of final perseverance. Ad Multos Annos!
Thank you as I wish you a blessed and fruitful month of June. May God heal our land.
Most Rev. Francis Obafemi ADESINA
Bishop of Ijebu-ode Diocese.