Monthly Bulletin / Circular SEPTEMBER, 2021 /026Dominic
TO ALL PRIESTS AND RELIGIOUS WORKING IN THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF IJEBU-ODE, AND THE LAY FAITHFUL
Dear Brothers and Sisters in the Lord:
- The Month of September: Dear brothers and sisters, Welcome to the ninth month of the year. With the month of September, we come to the end of the 3rd quarter of the year. As the year 2021 gradually comes to an end, let us make out time to examine our lives and journey as Christians. It is a time to take stock on the journey thus far. The Liturgical life of the Church offers us the opportunity of celebrating the following feasts during this month: Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Sept. 8); Exaltation of the Cross (Sept. 14); St. Matthew, Apostle (Sept. 21) and the Archangels Michael, Gabriel and Raphael (Sept. 28). As we celebrate these feasts and memorials this month, we reflect on the lives of the saints and draw lessons from them.
- Pope’s Intention for the month of September 2021: An Environmentally Sustainable Lifestyle: We pray that we all will make courageous choices for a simple and environmentally sustainable lifestyle, rejoicing in our young people who are resolutely committed to this.
- Bishop’s Intention for the month of September 2021:For those in Government: That they may be selfless and be led by the guidance of the Holy Spirit to lead the people entrusted to their care with compassion and wisdom and attain peace, solidarity and development.
- Novena for the month of September: In continuation of the request for a monthly Novena for the intention of our Diocese and indeed the whole world as we battle the pandemics of COVID-19 and its effects on humanity, I invite you to take up the novena to Saint Michael the Archangel for the month of September. The novena will commence on September 20 – September 28, 2021 in all Churches, Convents, Houses of Formation, Institutions and families.
- Ave Maria Pilgrimage Center, Iwopin: We appreciate all those who have contributed to the renovation of the Marian Pilgrimage Center with their kind donations. This is an important spiritual patrimony in our Diocese, we therefore appeal to individuals, families, societies, parishes and stations to support this course of rebuilding Ave Maria Pilgrimage center with your kind donations. Remember, God loves a cheerful giver (2 Cor. 9:7). The account details is as follows:
Account Name: Ave Maria Pilgrimage Center, Catholic Diocese of Ijebu-Ode
Account Number: 1022812598
Bank: United Bank for Africa (UBA)
- Construction of a Diocesan Chancery Building:The building of our Diocesan Chancery is ongoing and the second decking has just been completed. We renew our call to all Parishes, Institutions, families and benefactors both within and outside the Diocese to financially support this project. We acknowledge all the donations already received within the Diocese from Institutions like CKCC, SHCC, JDPC and Parishes like Holy Trinity, Awa-Ilaporu and St. Patrick, Ikija. We also acknowledge personal donations and promises from individual member of the Presbyteral Council and Laity in the Diocese. May God reward you abundantly.
To support this project of constructing a befitting Chancery for the Catholic Diocese of Ijebu-Ode, kindly make your donation to the following Bank Account:
Account Name: Catholic Diocese of Ijebu-Ode
Account Number: 0131027016
- Special Collections: Let us remember to collect these special collections for the month of September:
- Bible Week (September 12): The Bible week is a week activity set out to celebrate the beauty of God’s words contained in the Bible. This collection is meant to support the activities of the Biblical Apostolate in the country and in the Diocese. Let us donate generously.
- National Conference of Diocesan Priests Association (NCDPA) (September 26): This is an Association of all Diocesan Priests incardinated into a Diocese. This collection is meant to support the activities of the Association both at National and Diocesan level. In the month of October, 2021, the Association will be having her National Convention which will be hosted by Lagos Province. Let us donate generously.
Priests should kindly ensure that this collection is well publicized, collected and remitted to the Chancery for proper collation.
- Priests Monthly Recollection: The monthly recollection for Priests working in the Diocese for the month of September will take place on Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at St. Michael Catholic Church, Ago-Iwoye, starting at exactly 10:00am. This gathering is compulsory for all Priests working in the Diocese.
- Diocesan Pastoral Council: The 2nd meeting of the Diocesan Pastoral Council for 2021 will come up on Saturday, 18th September, 2021 at Late Bishop Anthony Saliu Sanusi Hall in St. Sebastian Catholic Cathedral, Ijebu-Ode. The meeting will start at exactly 10:00am with the celebration of the Holy Mass. Members of the council are expected to be in attendance.
- Submission of 2021 Report: This is to inform all Heads of Department, Institutions and Presidents of various Organizations like CMO, CWO, CYON and HCA that there will be need to submit a comprehensive report of activities done in the year 2021. This report is expected to be detailed containing the summary of what was done and pictures to back it up. It will be submitted both in printed copies and soft copies to the office of the Bishop through his Secretary on or before December 10, 2021. This is an obligatory annual report and all those concerned should take note.
- Liturgical Commission: The following activities of the Liturgical Commission will take place during the month:
- Quarterly meeting/ seminar of lectors at Esure Deanery on September 11
- General meeting of Diocesan Mass Servers at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, Odogbolu on September 12.
- CWON: The Catholic Women Organization of Nigeria, Ijebu-Ode Diocese shall be having their Annual General Assembly from Thursday, September 2 to Sunday, September 5, 2021 at the CWO Center, Epe Garage, Ijebu-Ode.
- Seminar on Implementation of Diocesan Pastoral Plan: There shall be a preparatory seminar for the implementation of the Diocesan Pastoral Plan. This will take place as follows:
Date: September 11, 2021
Venue: St. Sebastian Catholic Cathedral, Ijebu-Ode
Time: 10am prompt.
This gathering is for all Priests, Religious and laity in the Catholic Diocese of Ijebu-Ode. Participants at this gathering will be required to pay the sum of Five Hundred Naira only for registration. Parishes, Institutions and Lay Apostolate groups are to send four participants who will train other members of the parish or association.
- New Pastoral Posting for Priests: The following Priests will be resuming their new place of assignment this month. They are:
- Rev. Fr. John Ashinwo – Principal, Christ the King Catholic College, Odolewu-Ijebu
- Rev. Fr. Gabriel Olanrewaju – Chaplain/ Vice Principal Welfare, Christ the King Catholic College, Odolweu-Ijebu
- Rev. Fr. Jude Okafor – Acting Principal, Sacred Heart Catholic College, Ijebu-Ode
- Rev. Fr. Alfred-Matthew Nworie – Chaplain/ Vice Principal Welfare, Sacred Heart Catholic College, Ijebu-Ode.
- Rev. Fr. John Aruleba – Acting Principal, Saint Anthony Grammar School, Ijebu-Imusin, Esure.
- Rev. Fr. Peter Onabamiro – Priest-in-charge, Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Parish, Atan.
- Transfers and Postings: We thank and appreciate the following Religious who have been transferred out of the Diocese to another place of assignment. They are:
- Rev. Fr. Patrick Nnamani MSP
- Rev. Fr. Francis Raji MSP
- Bro Killian Kpogoh SDB
We equally welcome to the Diocese the following Religious who have been assigned to join in the Pastoral life of the Diocese. They are:
- Rev. Fr. Paul Sobande MSP
- Rev. Fr. Dominic Oguama MSP
- Rev. Fr. Justin Nnaji MSP
- Rev. Fr. (Lt.) Francis Orji SDV
- Rev. Fr. John Valentine Mbaegu SDB
- Sr. Esther Edeko OLA
- Priestly Ordination Anniversary: We congratulate, rejoice and request your prayers for Rev. Frs. Michael-Mary Chiaha (Sept. 5); Sabinus Orji (Sept. 5); Emmanuel Nwafor (Sept. 5); Daniel Ogunsanya (Sept. 8); Anthony Abdullahi (Sept. 8) and John Bankole, SDB (Sept. 9) whose Priestly Ordination Anniversaries occur this month. May God grant them fulfillment and grace of final perseverance. Ad Multos Annos!
- Bereavement: We announce, with deep sympathy the demise of Lady Beatrice Bisola Ogunnupebi,the mother of Rev. Frs. Christopher Ogunnupebi and Joseph Ogunnupebi. The burial ceremonies will be as follows: Christian Wake/ Vigil Mass: Tuesday 7th September, 2021 at 5:00pm. Venue: The Residence at Ijagbure Quarters, Ijebu-Imusin. Funeral Mass: Wednesday, 8th September, 2021 at 11:00am. Venue: Most Pure Heart of Mary Catholic Church, Esure. May the soul of Lady Beatrice Bisola Ogunnupebi rest in peace. Amen.
Thank you as I wish you a blessed and fruitful month of September.
Most Rev. Francis Obafemi ADESINA
Bishop of Ijebu-Ode Diocese.