SEPTEMBER 2019 DIOCESAN CIRCULARadmin
TO ALL PRIESTS AND RELIGIOUS WORKING IN THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF IJEBU-ODE, AND THE LAY FAITHFUL
Dear Brothers and Sisters in the Lord: SEPTEMBER 2019 DIOCESAN CIRCULAR Grace and Peace of the Lord be with you.
1: The month of September: Welcome to the month of September, the beginning of the `mber months and the last quarter of the year. May it be a fulfilling month for us all. Amen. One of the uniqueness of this month is that we celebrate the Birthday of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Her role in the work of Salvation has made it a necessity for us to give her due homage.
2: Pope’s Intention for the month of September: The Holy Father, Pope Francis has requested we pray for the Protections of the Oceans. That politicians, scientists and economists work together to protect the world’s seas and oceans.
3: Update of Database of Priests and Religious Bio-data: As part of ensuring there is a strong and reliable database in the Diocese which contains information of every Priest and Religious working in the Diocese, a form will be sent to all Rectories and Religious communities. May I request that Priests and Religious fill the form as it pertains to them and submit it promptly to the Bishop’s Secretary.
- Special Collections: Let us remember to collect these various special collections for the month of September and ensure that we submit them on time to the Chancery for proper collation. They are: Bible Week (September 15), National Conference of Diocesan Priests Association (NCDPA) (September 29).
- Priests Monthly Recollection: The monthly recollection for all Priests working in Ijebu-ode Diocese will come up on September 10, 2019 at Our Lady of Assumption Catholic Church, Oke-owa by 10am. All Priests are reminded that this gathering is not optional but mandatory. Only Priests on their annual leave will be exempted from such gathering. The theme for the recollection is –Looking through the Life of John Paul II as strength for the Modern-day Priests.”
- Silver Jubilee of Religious Profession: Three of our daughters Sr. Roseline Legunsen, OLA; Sr. Veronica Odunlami, OLA; and Sr. Cecilia Adebanjo, OLA from Iperu, Odogbolu and Esure Parishes respectively will be celebrating their Silver Jubilee of Religious Profession with 3 other Sisters on September 4, 2019 at Our Lady Seat of Wisdom Catholic Chapel, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State. The Mass will start by 10am. Let us kindly do well to join in this celebration of God’s faithfulness
- Catechesis and Religious Education Department: The department of Catechesis and Religious Education is inviting all agents of Evangelization (Catechists, Evangelizers, Lay leaders, etc) to an orientation seminar for the 2019 Catechetical week. This shall take place on September 7, 2019 at the Catechetical Center, Ilado starting by 11 am. All agents of Evangelization should kindly take note.
- Laity: There shall be an emergency meeting of all representatives of the Laity council from all Parishes within the Diocese with the Bishop on Sunday, September 22, 2019 at St. Timothy Catholic Church, Degun, Ijebu-ode. This meeting shall commence with the celebration of the Holy Mass by 10am. All Parish Priests MUST ensure there are two (2) representatives from their respective Parishes at this meeting.
- Societal Information:
- The International Confederation of the Society of Saint Vincent De Paul, Ijebuode Central Council will be hosting the 2nd Biannual Festival/Meeting of the Metropolitan Council of the society of St. Vincent De Paul from Friday 20th —Sunday 22nd September, 2019 at City of Immaculate. Ayepe Road, Sagamu.
- The members of the Block Rosary Crusade, Ijebu-ode Diocese will be having their Marian Night at St. Mary Catholic Church, Ogbere from 6th– 7th September, 2019.
- There shall be a general meeting of members of Mass Servers Association in the Diocese on September 8, 2019 at St. Anthony Catholic Church, Ejinrin road, Ijebu-ode.
- Sr. Agnes Adefunke Babalola has been transferred to the Provincialate of the Sisters of Saint Louis in Ibadan. Sr. Babalola worked for some years at the Abbe Louis Bautain Retreat, Catechetical and Conference Centre (ALBRC), Itele up until her transfer. We wish her well in her new apostolate as she joins the Provincial team of the Sisters of Saint Louis, Nigerian Province.
- We welcome Sr. Margaret Okudaje, OLA; Sr. Gertrude Elelegu, SSL; Sr. Ann Amadi, SSL and Sr. Constance Dibie, SSL to our Diocese. Sr. Okudaje, OLA is assigned to work at Our Lady of Apostles Secondary School, Ijebu-ode and to be involved in Pastoral activities. Srs. Elelegu and Amadi are assigned to Abbe Louis Bautain Retreat, Catechetical and Conference Centre (ALBRC); while Sr. Dibie is assigned to Louisville Girls High School. May their stay in our Diocese be fruitful and blessed. Amen.
- Priestly Ordination Anniversary: We congratulate and rejoice with our priests working in this Diocese who celebrate their Priestly Ordination Anniversary in this month of August. They are: Rev. Frs. Emmanuel Nwafor; Sabinus Orji; Michael Chiaha; Anthony Abdullahi and Daniel Ogunsanya. We wish them happier and fulfilled years ahead in the Lord’s vineyard.
- Bereavement: We commiserate with Very Rev. Fr. Sylvester Onasanya on the demise of his elder brother Late Professor Martin Onasanya. May God grant him pardon for his sins and grant him eternal life. Amen.
Thank you as I wish you a blessed and fruitful month of September.